Getting to Burlington by Water, Land, or Air
The nearest Amtrak station is in Essex Junction, VT, along the Vermonter route, with daily service from Washington DC, New York City, Springfield, MA, and points in between. The small station has an enclosed waiting area and although there may be a taxi or two waiting at the station, it would be best to arrange a cab in advance. The Sheraton Hotel recommends Green Cab, 802-864-2424.
Driving directions from Albany, NY
- From the Albany, NY area, take I-87 North (the Adirondack Northway) to exit 20 (RT 149 toward Fort Ann/ Whitehall)
- As you get off the exit, turn left onto NY-149E/U.S. 9N
You will pass a number of outlets on the right and left, great shopping!
- Take a right onto NY 149E for 11.7 miles
- Turn left onto US-4 N/George St and follow US-4N for 10.4 miles
- Take exit 2 for Vermont 22A toward Fair Haven/Vergennes – turn left onto VT 22A N and follow for 41.9 miles.
- Turn left onto US-7 N and follow for 18.9 miles
- Use right lane to take Interstate 189 ramp to Airport/Interstate 89 0.2 miles
- Continue onto I89 E 1.3 miles
- Use the left lane to merge onto I-89 N toward Winooski/St Albans 1.4 miles
- Take exit 14W to merge onto US-2 W/Williston Rd toward Burlington 0.5 miles
- Sheraton Burlington Hotel & Conference Center will be on your right, just up the road.
- 870 Williston Road, Burlington, VT 05403