Navigating Bethesda: Some Practical Tips For Your Stay
Welcome to Bethesda!
Below are some links to help you make the most of your time in Bethesda, Maryland. Bookmark it on your laptop or scan it into your phone and you'll always have traveler tips within easy reach. Enjoy your stay!
Hotel and Weather:
For a quick reference, the hotel website, weather report and Google map of the surrounding location can be found here:
Parking at the Bethesda Hyatt:
The Bethesda Hyatt Regency has discounted parking for conference attendees. Daily self-parking is $7.00/day and overnight self-parking is $10.00/day.
Drugstores & Pharmacies:
If you need some quick grooming supplies, or if you forgot your prescription at home, you can get help near the hotel. Check these maps for places you can go.
Need to know how to navigate your way around the city? Below, are a few options:
(Just a reminder: you can find airport/train/bus transportation into the city on the NEAIR conference web site)
- You can easily walk to many shops and restaurants, or take the Bethesda Circulator, a free and convenient way to get around downtown Bethesda. You can pick up the Circulator at the Bethesda Metro Station just outside of the hotel. Visit the website for maps and schedules.
- The Metro (WMATA)
- Taxi cab listings for Bethesda
- You can also find transportation information on the Hyatt website
Finding the Good Eats!
Looking for a night out at a great restaurant and want to try someplace new? Whether you're feeling adventurous or want to play things safe, your options are endless.
- Use the restaurant recommendations on the NEAIR web site
- Ask the concierge
- Or, better yet, be your own concierge! Check the following sites for reviews by locals in the know:
Shopping at its best!
There are excellent opportunities to spend some money in Bethesda! Bethesda Row has a wonderful array of boutique shops filled with artisan teas, cookware, clothing, and wine. For a full Downtown Bethesda shopping guide visit DowntownBethesda.com to browse by category, catch some reviews, and map out your shopping excursion. Also, the Mazza Gallerie provides some additional shopping options.
Things to Do!
If you're looking for some entertainment for yourself or anyone joining you for the conference, Bethesda and Washington, D.C. won't fail to please. Here are a few suggestions, but be sure to check out the NEAIR conference website for more!